Lori Bocklund is President of Strategic Contact, an independent consulting firm that helps companies optimize the value of their customer contact technology and operations.
Area of Expertise:
Contact Center Technology, Strategy and Operations
What is your background in the industry?
I was hired by AT&T in 1987 with experience in data networks. They asked if I would be willing to work on voice systems and call centers. I said, “Sure, what’s a call center?” After working on many exciting projects there I transitioned into consulting in 1993.
What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Starting my own consulting firm and successfully running the business for 16 years. I have great employees and we have built many wonderful client relationships.
What do you see as the greatest challenge facing the contact center industry?
Centers face big challenges with finding, developing and retaining good staff. Everyone puts great hope in technology, but people will remain the most important part of a center’s success.
What would contact center folks be surprised to learn about you?
I was a five-time All American runner in college and a member of two national championship cross-country teams. I still love to run. (Go Jackrabbits!)
Recent Contact Center Pipeline articles by Lori:
- Contact Center Challenges & Priorities for 2020: The Year of the Agent
- Want to Improve Employee Engagement? Technology Can Help!
- Everybody Has Data, But What Are You Doing With It?
- Make Technology a Strategic Tool
- Virtual Assistants Can Be Your Agents’ Best Friends
- The Future of the Contact Center: Optimism with a Dose of Caution
Connect with Lori on social media: