Welcome to the Contact Center Pipeline Community – We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community that actively engages in thoughtful discussion.
We welcome and encourage comments on the Contact Center Pipeline blog. We do not edit, censor or delete comments unless they contain the following: off-topic statements or links, abusive content, vulgarity, language/concepts that could be deemed offensive, personal attacks or spam. Those who violate this policy will be blocked from commenting.
You must be logged in to post, but a Contact Center Pipeline account is not necessary to post. In addition to a Contact Center Pipeline account, you can login with your WordPress, Twitter or Facebook account.
Please keep the following in mind when writing your comments:
Respect Others – Please be polite to all the members of our Community
Safe Space – We believe that the Pipeline Community should be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals and their ideas. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, or negativity will be removed and you may lose your ability to comment. If you directly or indirectly threaten the physical or mental well being of a member of this community, or an individual or group, you may be removed immediately. If a credible threat is made against an individual or group, not only may it be removed but it is likely that it will be reported to law enforcement agencies and we will cooperate with them to any extent requested. Personally identifiable information should never be posted in the comments section for the privacy and protection of all community members. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses. Any comments that contain this information may be deleted.
Moderation – In order to provide a safe space for our community, comments may be pre-moderated by our team before posting to the site, but we will not alter your comment in any way. If your comment violates our policy it will simply be removed by our moderation team. We reserve the right to have our moderation team read comments before they are displayed on the site. Review time can vary depending on the site-wide comment load, so please be patient. Please, do not resubmit the same comment assuming it has been deleted as that just adds needless comments to be processed.
Be yourself and just one of yourself – Every person’s opinion is valuable and unique. Pretending to be someone else removes that unique value from you or from others. Don’t misrepresent yourself or others, or spread mis-information. If you do, you will make the community a less enjoyable and valuable place to be and misrepresentation may be removed when we see it.
You are solely responsible for all content you post.
By submitting Messages to Contact Center Pipeline Blog you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contact Center Pipeline, Inc and Pipeline Publishing Group, Inc from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any comments posted or published by you.
Contact Center Pipeline has no control over individuals posting comments. Contact Center Pipeline cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any comments. Some users may breach these terms and post comments that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Contact Center Pipeline Blog and should not rely on comments when you make (or refrain from making) any specific investment or other decision.
By submitting a Comment you are granting Contact Center Pipeline a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the Comment in whole or in part, and in any form. This may include personal information such as your user or pen name and your expressions of opinion.Contact Center Pipeline reserves the right to contact you by e-mail about your use of the Forums. You waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the Comments you submit.
It is not possible for Contact Center Pipeline to fully and effectively monitor Comment infringement of third-party rights. If you believe that any content infringes your legal rights, you should notify Contact Center Pipeline immediately.
You may not:
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments containing material that is obscene, racist, homophobic or sexist or that contains any form of hate speech;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments that infringe copyright;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments that are illegal, libellous, defamatory or may prejudice ongoing legal proceedings or breach a court injunction or other order;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments that are abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of Contact Center Pipeline;
- Post Comments in any language other than English;
- Post the same Comment, or a very similar Comment, repeatedly;
- Post or otherwise publish any Comments unrelated to the blog or the blog’s topic;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Comments or “spam”;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Comments with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular security or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any security;
- Disguise the origin of any Comments;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including Contact Center Pipeline employees or Blog Guests, Contributors or Authors) or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity;
- Post or transmit any Comments that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer software or equipment, or any other harmful component;
- Collect or store other users’ personal data; and/or
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.